Article 1 (Personal Information)
“Personal Information” means “Personal Information” as referred to in the Personal Information Protection Law, and is the living individuals’ personally identifiable information from name, date of birth, address, telephone number, contact information, appearance, fingerprint, voiceprint data, and health insurance card insurer number, etc.
Article 2 (How to Collect Personal Information)
The Council may ask for personal information such as name, date of birth, address, telephone number, email address, residence card, student ID card, etc. when a user registers.
Article 3 (Purpose of Collecting and Using Personal Information)
The purposes of collecting and using personal information are as follows.
- 1. To provide and operate the Service
- 2. To answer inquiries from the Users (including identity verification)
- 3. To send emails about the new functions, update information, and other services provided by the Council
- 4. To notify maintenance and important notices as necessary
- 5. To identify and deregister users who have violated the Terms or who intend to use the service for fraudulent or unfair purposes
- 6. To allow users to view, change, delete, or view the usage status of their registered information
- 7. Other purposes associated with the above
Article 4 (Change of Purpose of Use)
- 1. The Council shall change the purpose of use of personal information only when it is reasonably recognized that the purpose of use is relevant to the purpose before change.
- 2. The Council shall notify the Users of the purpose after change or announce it on the website by the method prescribed by the Council.
Article 5 (Provision of Personal Information to A Third Party)
- 1. The Council will not provide personal information to third parties without the prior consent of the Users, except in the following cases; unless permitted by the Personal Information Protection Law or other laws.
- (1)When it is necessary to protect the life, body or property and difficult to obtain the consent of the Users
- (2)When it is particularly necessary for the improvement of public health or child caring and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the Users
- (3)When it is necessary to cooperate the acts stipulated by laws and regulations of a national institution or local public organization or a person entrusted by it, and when there is a risk of trouble through the consent of the Users.
- (4)When the following matters have been notified or announced in advance and the Council has reported to the Personal Information Protection Committee:
- ①Facts that the purpose of use includes the provision to third parties
- ②Items provided to third parties
- ③Means or method of provision to third parties
- ④Facts that providing personal information to third parties will be stopped by the request of the person
- ⑤How to accept the request of the person
- 2. Regardless of the provisions of the preceding paragraph, the receiver of the information shall not be a third party in the following cases.
- (1)When the Council entrusts all or part of the treating of personal information to the extent necessary to achieve the purpose of use
- (2)When personal information is provided in connection with project succession due to organizational reform or other reasons
- (3)When the Council notifies the person in advance of sharing the personal information jointly with a specific person, of the items of personal information shared jointly, of the range of those who are jointly shared, and of the purpose of sharing, and of the name the person responsible for management of the personal information, or when the personal information is placed in a state where the person easily find out.
Article 6 (Disclosure of Personal Information)
- 1. When the person requests to disclose personal information, the Council shall disclose it to the person immediately and with no fee. However, all or part of it may not be disclosed if the disclosure applies to one of the following. If the Council makes a decision not to disclose the information, it shall notify the person immediately.
- (1)When there is a risk of harming life, body, property or other rights and interests of the person or third parties
- (2)When there is a risk of significant obstruction to the proper implementation of the work of the Council
- (3)When it violates other laws and regulations
- 2. Regardless of the provisions of the preceding paragraph, information other than personal information such as history or specific information will not be disclosed in principle.
Article 7 (Correction and Deletion of Personal Information)
- 1. If the personal information held by the Council is incorrect, the Users may request correction, addition or deletion (hereinafter “Correction, etc.”) of the personal information in accordance with the procedures established by the Council.
- 2. If the Council determines that it is necessary to meet the request from the Users based on the provisions of the preceding paragraph, Correction, etc. shall be made immediately.
- 3. The Council shall notify the Users without del immediately based on the provisions of the preceding paragraph that the Council has made Correction, etc. or decision not to make Correction, etc.
Article 8 (Suspension or Deletion of Use of Personal Information)
- 1. The Council shall conduct necessary investigation immediately when the Users request to suspend or delete the use of personal information based on the reasons it is treated beyond the range of the purpose of use or it was acquired by unauthorized means.
- 2. If the Council determines that it is necessary to meet the request based on the results of the investigation in the previous paragraph, the Council shall suspend or delete the use of personal information immediately.
- 3. The Council shall notify the Users immediately based on the provisions of the preceding paragraph that the Council has made suspension or deletion of the use of personal information, or decision not to make them.
- 4. Regardless of the preceding paragraphs, the Council shall take an alternative if there is a large amount of expenses for suspension or deletion, or if it is difficult to make suspension or deletion, and if the Council can take the necessary alternatives to protect rights and interests.
Article 9 (Revision of the Policy)
- 1. The contents of the Policy can be revised without notifying the Users except for laws and regulations and other matters stipulated by the Policy.
- 2. The Policy revised shall take effect when it is posted on the website except otherwise specified by the Council.
Article 10 (Inquiries)
For inquiries regarding the Policy, please contact the following
Location: 7-7, Higashikoen, Hakata-ku, Fukuoka
Organization: Fukuoka Prefectural Local Government
Department in charge: International Policy Division (Secretariat of the Council)